We collect the following personal information that you submit to ARRT through your online account: email address and postal address. Credit card transactions are processed on a secure third party platform and your account information does not go through our servers.
We may use the collected personal information (except for email address, which is described separately below) for the following purposes:
- Contacting you by postal mail with the ARRT Annual Reports to Registered Technologists and with renewal and other information related to certification and registration, Continuing Education, examination, and other normal ARRT business.
- Providing your postal information (if you approve it) to Continuing Education providers, employment recruiters, or professional societies.
- Providing registration information to employers, state governments, and other organizations seeking registration verification.
- Providing postal information to approved academic researchers.
If visitors merely browse through this site or download files, we collect certain information by automatic operation of this site’s web servers. This information includes:
- The name of the domain and host from which the visitors accessed the internet
- The internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they used
- The type of browser software and operating system they used
- The date and time they accessed this site
- The internet address of the website (if any) from which they linked directly to this site
We may use this information, which does not identify visitors, to enhance the site experience for other visitors, candidates, and registrants.
If we have the permission of candidates and registrants to do so: (a) we may from time to time make their names and postal addresses available to employers for recruitment purposes or to others (such as organizations related to R.T.s and Continuing Education sponsors) who may wish to contact them; and (b) we will also include name, city, state, and certification and registration/Continuing Education information for technologists in the "verify credentials" section of this site.
Sanctioned individuals are included without choice in the online ARRT Directory.
We want to keep your personal information accurate in our records. You may correct or update your postal and email addresses through your online account. You may correct other information by contacting ARRT.
If you've provided your email address on this site and have opted in to get emails from ARRT, we’ll email you:
- Renewal reminders
- ARRT news and information
- Informational emails on behalf of professional societies, CE providers, employment recruiters, and/or academic researchers
You may change your email preferences anytime by logging in to your online account.
A "cookie" is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive for record keeping or other administrative purposes. We may use temporary "session" cookies to measure the flow of visitor traffic in the aggregate and to make the site easy to use. Once you leave this site, the temporary cookie assigned by our server will expire and be deleted from your computer.
Most web browsers are designed to initially accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, if you choose to disable cookies or refuse to accept a cookie, certain portions of this site may not function properly or efficiently.
Data security is implemented through physical, administrative, and technical safeguards we put in place and the operational procedures we use to protect personal information. We protect transactions involving personal information over the internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We restrict access to personal information to our authorized employees.
This site does not target and is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If we discover that personal information from a child has been provided through this site, we will eliminate the data.
Last Updated: October 26, 2016