HOW ARRT WORKS WITH RCEEMS
A recognized continuing education evaluation mechanism (RCEEM) is a radiology-based or medical imaging‐based organization that ARRT has approved to evaluate the content, quality, and integrity of proposed continuing education (CE) activities. Specifically, RCEEMs evaluate an activity’s educational objectives, content relevancy and accuracy, faculty qualifications, and education methods and materials. RCEEMs are authorized to award Category A designation to any proposed CE activity that meets ARRT’s requirements (RCEEM+s can award A+).
APPLY TO BE AN ARRT RCEEM
To become a RCEEM with approval privileges for CE activities for ARRT, your organization must be:
- National in scope
- Radiology-based or medical imaging-based
- Willing to evaluate CE activities that any technologist within a given discipline or focus develops
- Able to demonstrate ARRT’s need for an additional RCEEM (e.g., what issues or concerns are existing RCEEMs not addressing?)
- Willing to provide a description of the policies and procedures you’ll use to evaluate CE activities
- Willing to show evidence that you have sufficient resources and experience to provide reliable and valid evaluations of CE activities
- Willing to adhere to ARRT’s CE Policies and Procedures
We aren't accepting applications for new RCEEMs at this time. We'll update this page when we reopen the application process.
Below is a list of RCEEMs that ARRT has approved to evaluate CE activities. If you’re a CE sponsor looking for a RCEEM to approve your CE activity, please contact any of these organizations directly.
American Association of Medical Dosimetrists (AAMD)
American College of Radiology (ACR)
800.227.5463 or 703.648.8900
Association for Medical Imaging Management (AHRA)
978.443.7591 or 800.334.2472
American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
301.498.4100 or 800.638.5352
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC)
*American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
505.298.4500 or 800.444.2778
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
613.234.0012 or 800.463.9729 (Canada only)
Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB)
856.439.1631 or 866.813.6322
Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)
214.473.8057 or 800.229.9506
Society for MR Radiographers and Technologists (SMRT)
Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
301.459.7550 or 800.788.8346
* These RCEEMs are authorized to approve Category A and A+ credits.
STATE LICENSING AGENCIES THAT CAN APPROVE CE
We also recognize the evaluation processes of the following states, which have CE requirements in their licensing laws: Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Oregon. Certain requirements must be met in order for an R.T. to use these activities as credits—learn more in ARRT Continuing Education Requirements.