Every two years you’re required to earn and report Continuing Education (CE) activities—24 Category A or A+ credits for all R.T.s, with the exception of R.R.A.s, who must report 50 credits. You must earn the CE credits during your biennium, and you must report them every other year when you renew. Learn more about timing and deadlines for your CE biennium and your annual renewal period.
You’ll go on CE probation status if:
- You don’t complete or report your CE activities on time
- You submit incomplete CE documentation
- We can’t verify your participation in your reported CE activities
HOW CAN I RESOLVE MY CE PROBATION?
A CE probation period lasts for six months. During that time, you’ll be able to complete and/or report your missing credits. You’ll record your activity on our online CE probation form and submit it along with a $50 fee. Once we confirm your activities, we’ll remove your CE probation status. Note—the CE credits you earn during your probation period won’t count as CE credits for your new biennium.
WHAT IF I DON’T REPORT CE BY THE END OF MY PROBATION PERIOD?
If you don’t complete and report your required CE activities, and pay the $50 CE probation fee, by the end of your six-month probation period, we’ll discontinue your certification and registration.
What happens next depends on your unique situation:
- If you completed your required CE activities during your biennium, but you didn’t report them with your annual renewal or during your CE probation period, you’ll have an additional six months after your CE probation period ends to report (not earn) your CE activities.
- If you completed the required CE activities within your six-month CE probation period, but you didn’t report them, you’ll have an additional six months after your CE probation period ends to report (not earn) your CE activities.
- If you didn’t complete the required CE activities during your biennium or your six-month probation period, you’ll have to retake and pass the appropriate exam to regain your certification and registration. If you obtained your credentials using the postprimary pathway, you’ll have to retake and pass the supporting category exam before you can retake the postprimary exam.
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS
You can find detailed information on CE probation in the ARRT Continuing Education Requirements and ARRT Rules and Regulations documents. You might also want to review our CE FAQs. If you have specific questions unique to your situation, it’s best to contact us for help. Call 651.687.0048, ext. 8540.