APPLY USING THE POSTPRIMARY PATHWAY
Below is an overview of the steps in applying for certification and registration using the postprimary pathway. When you’re ready to apply, follow the instructions on your online application, refer to the postprimary handbook, and consult your Candidate Status Report for guidance.
Errors and omissions can affect your ability to earn ARRT credentials, so be sure that your application is accurate and complete. If you have questions at any stage of the process, call us at 651.687.0048. Choose the option for earning an ARRT credential.
OVERVIEW OF APPLICATION PROCESS
Before You Apply
- Make sure that you still meet ARRT’s ethics requirements or that you’ve reported any potential ethics violations to us.
- Verify that you’ve met our postprimary education requirements.
- Confirm that you’ve logged your structured education and clinical experience requirements in our online postprimary tool. Note: ARRT must approve your structured education activities—and a verifier must sign off on your clinical experience requirements—before you can submit your application.
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
- Access the postprimary application through your online account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions screen to complete the application.
- If you have a disability that falls under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and you require accommodations at the test center, answer yes when asked if you have a disability. Then follow the prompts to submit a request for testing accommodations. Note: You must submit your request during the application process and before we assign your exam window.
- Submit your application and the processing fee.
You’ll Hear From Us
- Within one business day after we process your application, we’ll post a Candidate Status Report to your online account. It will tell you whether you’re eligible for the exam and, if so, give instructions for scheduling your exam.
Scheduling and Taking Your Exam
- After we process your application, you’ll have 365 days to schedule and complete your exam. Test center appointments fill up quickly. We recommend you contact Pearson VUE to schedule your exam well in advance of your target date.
- Then you must complete your exam at a Pearson VUE Test Center on your scheduled exam date.
- You’ll receive a preliminary score at the test center after you complete your exam (that isn’t your final score).
- We’ll mail your official score report two to three weeks after you complete the exam.
HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
First, check for answers to your questions in the postprimary handbook:
If you still have questions, search our FAQs, send us a message, or call us at 651.687.0048. Choose the option for earning an ARRT credential.