MAINTAINING YOUR CERTIFICATION AND REGISTRATION
As you progress in your career as an R.T., it’s important to maintain your knowledge and skills—and to stay current with advances in medical technology. Patients and employers expect it, and ARRT requires it.
To maintain your certification and registration with ARRT, you must:
- Remain compliant with ARRT Rules and Regulations and ARRT Standards of Ethics
- Renew your credentials each year and pay a nominal renewal fee
- Maintain certification and registration in a supporting discipline (to renew postprimary credentials)
- Complete continuing education (CE) requirements every other year and report them to ARRT
- Complete your Continuing Qualifications Requirements (CQR) every 10 years (if you're an R.R.A. or if you earned certification and registration in 2011 or thereafter)
Review this Guide to Maintaining Certification and Registration for more information on fulfilling these responsibilities.
Are you on CE probation? Or has your certification and registration lapsed? Learn more about resolving your CE probation or how to reinstate.