APPLY USING THE PRIMARY PATHWAY
As an R.T., you’re familiar with the steps in applying for certification and registration using the primary pathway. Even so, some steps might have changed since you obtained your first credential. Below is an overview of the current process. When you’re ready to apply, carefully follow the application instructions, refer to the primary handbook, and look to your Candidate Status Report for guidance.
Be sure that your application is accurate and complete. If you have questions, call us at 651.687.0048. Choose the option for earning an ARRT credential.
OVERVIEW OF APPLICATION PROCESS
Before You Apply
- Make sure that you still meet ARRT’s ethics requirements or that you’ve reported any potential ethics violations to us.
- Verify that you’ve met our education requirements for the new primary discipline.
- Review the primary handbook:
Preparing and Submitting Your Application
- Ask your Program Director to provide either a paper application or instructions for applying online.
- Complete the application, paying close attention to all questions and details.
- If you're using a paper application, ask your Program Director to fill in their portion.
- If you have a disability that falls under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and you require accommodations at the test center, you must request them at the same time you submit your application. After we assign your exam window, you won't be allowed to request testing accommodations.
- Submit your completed application and fee to ARRT. You may submit your application up to three months before you expect to complete your education program.
After We Process Your Application
- We’ll ask your Program Director to verify whether you've completed your program. If you’ve already completed your program, we’ll request verification right away; if you haven’t, we’ll send a notice about two weeks before you graduate.
- You'll receive a Candidate Status Report, which contains instructions for scheduling your exam.
Scheduling and Taking Your Exam
- After we process your application, you’ll have 365 days to schedule and complete your exam. Test center appointments fill up quickly. We recommend you contact Pearson VUE to schedule your exam well in advance of your target date.
- You'll complete your exam at a Pearson VUE Test Center on your scheduled exam date.
- You’ll receive a preliminary score at the test center after you complete your exam (this isn’t your final score).
- We’ll mail your official score report within two to three weeks after you complete the exam.
HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
First, check for answers to your questions in the primary handbook: