About Credit Distributions
Throughout your career as a Registered Technologist (R.T.) and/or Registered Radiologist Assistant (R.R.A.), you’ll need to complete continuing education (CE) activities to obtain and maintain your credential(s).
To help you find targeted CE activities to meet your needs, CE sponsors, Program Directors, and educators submit activities to ARRT. Then, we review and assign a credit distribution to those activities. Credit distributions:
- Identify activity content that aligns with ARRT's content outlines.
- Divide CE credit appropriately into the discipline-specific content categories and subcategories.
- Clarify the exact (targeted) content category and subcategory requirements a course or activity will fulfill.
Once a credit distribution is assigned, we add the activity to our database of acceptable CE activities.
SAMPLE CREDIT DISTRIBUTION
Course Title: CT Cardiac Test Activity
Total Credits Awarded by CE Approver: 7.00
|Patient Interactions and Management||0.50|
|Total for this category:||0.50|
|Radiation Safety and Dose||1.50|
|Total for this category:||1.50|
|Image Evaluation and Archiving||0.00|
|Total for this category:||1.00|
|Head, Spine, and Musculoskeletal||0.50|
|Neck and Chest||3.00|
|Abdomen and Pelvis||0.00|
|Total for this category:||3.50|
|Total credits assigned by ARRT:||6.50|
Example of a credit distribution for a CT CE activity, based on the 2022 CT content outline. Note that the CE Approver awarded 7.00 credits for this activity. Upon review, ARRT's credit distribution specialists found that 0.50 credits did not apply, and they assigned 6.50 credits based on how the activity's content aligns with the CT content outline.
This sample credit distribution illustrates how the same credit distribution is applied for both structured education and CQR:
When completed for structured education, this activity's credits are assigned to its major content categories:
- Patient Care - 0.50 credits
- Safety - 1.50 credits
- Image Production - 1.00 credits
- Procedures - 3.50 credits
When completed for CQR, this activity's credits are assigned to its discipline-specific content subcategories:
- Patient Care > Patient Interactions and Management - 0.50 credits
- Safety > Radiation Safety and Dose - 1.50 credits
- Image Production > Image Formation - 1.00 credits
- Procedures > Head, Spine, and Musculoskeletal - 0.50 credits
- Procedures > Neck and Chest - 3.00 credits
Call us at 651.687.0048.
- If you have general CE questions, choose the option for renewal, reinstatement, or continuing education.
- If you're pursuing a credential using the postprimary eligibility pathway and you have questions specific to structured education, choose the option for earning an ARRT credential.
- If you have questions specific to CQR, choose the option for Continuing Qualifications Requirements.