ONLINE ACCOUNT QUESTIONS
If you're earning your first ARRT credential using the primary eligibility pathway and you're eligible to apply for certification and registration online*, you'll create an account during your educational program.
If you didn't create an online account during your educational program, we’ll invite you to create one soon after you earn your first ARRT credential.
*Ask your Program Director if you're eligible to apply online.
NON-R.T. ACCOUNT ACCESS
If you’re pursuing your first ARRT credential using the postprimary eligibility pathway and you're using an ARDMS or NMTCB credential as a supporting category, complete this online account access form and mail it to our office.
If you're participating in an educational program and are eligible to apply online, your Program Director will provide instructions and a link for you to create an account.
If you've earned your credential but haven't created an account, click the LOGIN button in the upper right corner of your screen. Next, select the white REGISTER button, and then follow the prompts on the screen.I'm trying to set up an account and it says the email address I entered is already on file. What should I do?
If you already set up an account using that email address, try selecting the "forgot password" link on the login screen.
If you share the email address with another R.T., ask whether that person already used it to create an online account. If so, you'll need to use a different email address.
If you continue to have problems, try setting up your account with another personal (non-work) email address. You may also call us for help at 651.687.0048. Select the option for earning an ARRT credential.
Accounts are locked after five unsuccessful login attempts. This security feature reduces the chances of unauthorized access to your account. Your account will unlock after 15 minutes.I'm trying to reset my password using the "forgot password" link, but I didn’t receive a reset email from ARRT.
Try the following:
- Do you have more than one email address? Make sure you’re checking the inbox of the email address you have on file with ARRT.
- Check your email's spam/junk mail folder.
- Add email@example.com to the list of safe email addresses accepted by your email account.
- Request a new verification link from the login screen by selecting "forgot password" again.
- Contact your email provider or your IT/network administrator for help.
Use the "forgot email" link on the login screen. You’ll need to enter your ARRT ID, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and your date of birth.I forgot my password.
Use the "forgot password" link on the login screen.I can't log in to my account.
Click the LOGIN button in the upper right corner of the screen. Next, use the "forgot password" link to email yourself a link to set up a new password. Click on the link in the email and follow the prompts to change your password. Once you’ve logged in, consider updating your email address to an account for which only you have access.
If you can’t change your password or log in, contact us at 651.687.0048.I received an email that says my email address on file has been changed, but I didn’t change it. What should I do?
Call us at 651.687.0048.
Contact us at 651.687.0048, with questions.
If you’re a state licensing candidate, you must contact your state licensing agency to update your personal information.
Otherwise, take the following steps to update your personal information:
- Updates to email address or mailing address: Visit the settings page and scroll to the Update Profile and Settings section. Choose the tab for the type of information you want to update, then follow the instructions on screen.
- Updates to name: Visit the settings page and scroll to the Update Profile and Settings section. Choose the tab for Update Personal Info, then download the Name Change form.
- Corrections to birth date: Mail or fax a signed and dated request with supporting documentation (a copy of your birth certificate or unexpired passport). Make sure your request includes your ARRT ID number.
- Corrections to Social Security number: Mail or fax a signed and dated request with a copy of your Social Security card. Make sure your request includes your ARRT ID number.
ATTN: Registration Records
1255 Northland Drive
St. Paul, MN 55120
Visit the settings page, then use the “Change Login/email” tab to update your password. If you think that someone else may have accessed your account, call us at 651.687.0048.What if I receive an email saying my email address on file has been changed—and I didn't change it?
Call us at 651.687.0048.