Since certification examinations are required to be practice related, ARRT periodically conducts a job analysis to make certain that the certification examination content specifications and the clinical requirements remain comprehensive, accurate, and fair. ARRT, with the help of the professional community, reviews the certification documents every five years.
The ARRT Board of Trustees recently approved changes to the following documents, which go into effect on July 1, 2017.
OVERVIEW OF MAJOR CHANGES TO THE CONTENT SPECIFICATIONS
- The content was restructured into three of the four major content sections. The sections are: Patient care, Image production, and Procedures.
- Digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT/3D) were added to the Patient Care area and the Image Production sections.
- Full field digital mammography-computed radiology (FFDM-CR) was removed from the Image Production section.
- The full field digital mammography-direct radiography (FFDM-DR/2D) image receptors was split into two areas: direct FFDM and indirect FFDM.
OVERVIEW OF MAJOR CHANGES TO THE CLINICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The requirement to perform laser imager QC was removed.
- One of the elective procedures, Diagnostic Work Up, was split into two procedures: Diagnostic Mammogram and Recall from a Screening Mammogram.
Please direct any questions about these changes to Roxanne Koenen, exam development coordinator, at 651.681.3185.