Since certification examinations are required to be practice related, ARRT periodically conducts a job analysis to make certain that the certification examination content specifications and the clinical requirements remain comprehensive, accurate, and fair. ARRT, with the help of the professional community, reviews the certification documents every five years.
The ARRT Board of Trustees recently approved changes to the following documents, which go into effect on July 1, 2017.
Overview of Major Changes to the Content Specifications
- The content was restructured into three of the four major content sections: Patient Care, Image Production, and Procedures.
- Pencil beam DXA scanner was removed.
- Peak height was added to the example list of patient history in the Patient Care section.
Overview of Major Changes to the Clinical Experience Requirements
- The activity, utilize FRAX® tool to assess 10 year fracture risk, was added to the elective procedures list.
- The activity, install manufacturer software upgrades, was removed from the elective procedures list.
Please direct any questions about these changes to Roxanne Koenen, exam development coordinator, at 651.681.3185.