The practice analysis survey lists activities that entry-level technologists might perform in their jobs. If at least 40 percent of the technologists surveyed say they perform that activity, we’ll include it on the task inventory. The task inventory lists the job responsibilities typically required of technologists (the content specifications list the knowledge and cognitive skills needed to perform the tasks).
If there’s a sound reason for doing so, we occasionally include an activity on the task inventory that doesn’t meet the frequency criterion. For example, a task might be critical in some settings or related to an emerging technology. Although the task inventory is of limited use as a stand-alone document, it’s the foundation of other certification and registration requirements.
Our most recent task inventories:
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Radiation Therapy
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Computed Tomography
- Bone Densitometry
- Cardiac Interventional Radiography
- Vascular Interventional Radiography
- Vascular Sonography
- Breast Sonography
- Registered Radiologist Assistant (Entry Level Clinical Activities)
- Bone Densitometry Equipment Operators (For ARRT-administered state licensing exams)