ARRT UPDATES MAMMOGRAPHY CLINICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Published May 2020
With the help of the professional community, ARRT conducts job analyses and reviews our certification documents every five years. The analyses help ensure that our examination content specifications and clinical requirements remain comprehensive, accurate, and fair.
The ARRT Board of Trustees recently approved the following changes to our Mammography Clinical Experience Requirements. They go into effect on July 1, 2020.
- The number of repetitions for phantom image quality increased from five to 10.
- We added a compression thickness indicator and facility quality control review.
- We decreased the number of repetitions for repeat analysis from two to one.
- In the elective procedures area, we added localization imaging, surgical specimen imaging, and stereotactic specimen imaging.
- We removed ductography and galactography.
- We decreased the Mammography image evaluation from 10 to one and added clarification.
- Consistent with other ARRT clinical experience requirements documents, we removed exemption information.
If you have questions about eligibility, exemptions, and requirements for Mammography certification and registration, call us at 651.687.0048. Choose the option for program directors.