Government Affairs at ARRT
ARRT is best known for awarding credentials to qualified technologists in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy. We’re also deeply involved in state and federal advocacy efforts. Our governmental work focuses on issues that promote patient safety and protect the value of your profession.
Federal issues include passing legislation, creating regulations, and addressing medical reimbursement issues. State issues include mandating licensure and guiding its application.
ARRT’s government affairs activities are built on three principles:
- Helping develop and support federal and state laws that improve quality and safety standards
- Promoting efforts that require professionals to have consistent qualifications in medical imaging and radiation therapy
- Advocating on behalf of Registered Technologists (R.T.s), in all disciplines, to promote the best patient outcomes
ARRT is only one of the organizations supporting these types of activities. We engage in partnerships, coalitions, and common causes to work toward objectives that mesh with ours. We also interact with lawmakers, encouraging them to become engaged with our causes.
ARRT is working on a number of ongoing government affairs projects, including:
- Lobbying for a change in Medicare reimbursement regulations, so that Medicare can reimburse hospitals for services performed by radiologist assistants in accordance with state laws
- Promoting state licensing requirements throughout the country
Contact Government Affairs at ARRT
If you have questions about our government affairs projects or would like to know more, email us or call 651.687.0048, ext. 3138.