ETHICS Questions On The Application
When applying for certification and registration, you must answer the following ethics-related questions on your application form.
Have you ever been charged with or convicted in court of a misdemeanor or felony (including conviction of a similar offense in a military court-martial)?
Answer “Yes” for:
- Charges or convictions, including those that that were stayed, withheld/deferred, set aside, or suspended
- Any plea of guilty, Alford plea, or plea of no contest (nolo contendere)
- Court supervision, probation, or pre-trial diversion
- Traffic violations charged as a misdemeanor or felony
- Traffic violations that involved drugs or alcohol
Answer “No” if you have no offenses. Also answer “No” for:
- Juvenile offenses and convictions processed in juvenile court
- Speeding and parking tickets that did not rise to the level of a misdemeanor or felony and did not involve drugs or alcohol
- Charges that were dismissed if there were no court conditions required
- Sealed or expunged cases (if you don’t have court documents that prove your charges/convictions were actually sealed or expunged, you must report the violation)
- Offenses previously reported to ARRT and for which ARRT has sent your correspondence
Reminder: You must answer “Yes” for all traffic violations that involved drugs and/or alcohol.
Has a regulatory authority or certification board—other than ARRT—ever:
- Denied, revoked, or suspended your professional license, permit, registration, or certification; or
- Placed you on probation (excluding ARRT Continuing Education probation), under consent agreement, or under consent order; or
- Allowed voluntary surrender of your professional license, permit, registration, or certification; or
- Subjected you to any conditions or disciplinary actions by such an organization?
Answer “No” if you have no offenses. Also answer “No”:
- If your only offense is ARRT Continuing Education (CE) probation
- For offenses previously reported to ARRT and for which ARRT has sent you correspondence
While attending an educational program to meet ARRT certification and registration requirements, were you ever suspended, dismissed, or expelled from that program?
- Answer “No” for offenses previously reported to ARRT and for which ARRT has sent you correspondence.
- All applicants, even those answering “No” to this question, must read and sign the “Written Consent under FERPA” on the reverse side of this application.
WRITTEN CONSENT UNDER FERPA
By signing the Written Consent Under FERPA, you:
- Agree to Written Consent under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. Section 1232g (“FERPA”), which allows ARRT to:
- Communicate freely and openly with your Educational Program Director
- Obtain specific parts of your education records in order to verify whether you have ever been suspended, dismissed or expelled from an educational program that you attended in order to meet ARRT certification and registration requirements
- Waive, in part, the confidentiality of your education records under “FERPA”
- Consent to the release of any and all education records relating to your suspension, dismissal or expulsion to ARRT for purposes of its review of your application for certification and registration by ARRT.
- Agree to promptly execute any additional written consents under “FERPA” if your educational program has a different requirement
If you’re not sure whether a potential violation is pertinent, contact our Ethics Requirements Department at 651.687.0048, ext. 8580. Remember, not reporting an ethics violation is itself a violation.