Clinical experience is an important step on the postprimary pathway to obtaining an ARRT credential. To successfully complete your clinical experience requirements, you must perform and document a specific number of clinical procedures (the activities depend on your discipline). You’ll need to complete the activities before you apply for certification and registration, and you must perform them no more than 24 months before you submit your application.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
If you’re just beginning to pursue a postprimary credential, use the current Clinical Experience Requirements documents listed below.
- Mammography—digital imaging only, through June 30, 2017
- Mammography—through June 30, 2017 (analog or digital imaging option; if you use these requirements, you must complete and submit an application and fee no later than June 30, 2017)
- Mammography—effective July 2017
- Computed Tomography—through June 30, 2017
- Computed Tomography—effective July 2017
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Quality Management (new credentials offered through June 30, 2018, only—learn more here)
- Bone Densitometry—effective July 2017
- Bone Densitometry—through June 30, 2017
- Cardiac Interventional Radiography—effective July 1, 2017
- Cardiac Interventional Radiography—through June 30, 2017
- Vascular Interventional Radiography—through June 30, 2017
- Vascular Interventional Radiography—effective July 2017
- Vascular Sonography
- Breast Sonography
If we list two sets of requirements, check the effective date on the newer ones. You can’t start logging procedures under the old requirements if the effective date on the newer ones has passed.
If you started logging procedures before the newer requirements went into effect, however, you can continue—without losing any procedures—until the older requirements expire. That’s 24 months after the effective date of the newest requirements.
If you’re logging procedures on the older requirements, and you wish to switch to the new ones, you’ll have to delete the old worksheet and select the discipline again to start the new worksheet. If you go this route, your procedures won’t transfer.
Questions on clinical experience requirements? We’re here to help. For further information, visit our postprimary FAQ page or call us at 651.687.0048, ext. 8570.