Sr. Strategic Communications Specialist—Digital Content and User Experience
About This Position
As a Senior Strategic Communications Specialist—Digital Content and User Experience (UX), you would be responsible for creating and implementing content and UX strategies for ARRT's digital platforms. Main duties include managing the organization's website, writing content for the website and its software applications, and providing content and UX recommendations based on best practices and identified customer pain points.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Strategic Communications. However, you'd also work closely with developers, project management, and internal stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
User Experience (UX) Writing and UX Strategy
For Software Programs
- Act as the content and UX strategy owner for monthly software product updates. Make recommendations for updates to content and UX elements (page layout, buttons, user interface elements, etc.) in our applications based on:
- User pain points
- Content and UX best practices
- Results of user testing
2. Edit and create UX writing that informs and effectively guides users through our software applications
3. Create basic mockups illustrating changes to content and page elements
4. Present recommendations at meetings with stakeholders and Executive Team
5. Work closely with Information Technology department to incorporate changes
For Website Applications
- Contribute UX writing and microcopy to new widgets and applications for the website
Website Content Strategy
- Content management: Manage website content using content management system. Make weekly updates as needed.
- Manage annual content update process for the website content. Work with content owners to review content for accuracy. Make recommendations to improve readability and usability of content, page layout, and other website elements. Edit existing content and write new content as needed.
- Periodically assess information architecture and navigation to ensure they support usability and findability on the website
- Ongoing assessment of website for baseline accessibility best practices; make updates as needed
- Other duties as assigned in relation to content on website (e.g. managing process for video production, graphics, etc.)
- Be a member on the project team for website development
MEASUREMENT & METRICS
- User Testing: Help guide the organization forward in user testing for our website and software programs. Use results to inform content and UX recommendations.
- Metrics: Monitor metrics of our digital properties, including website and software analytics, Facebook metrics, YouTube metrics, and data from call centers. Use results to help inform content and UX updates.
- Stay up to date with best practices for content strategy, User Experience (UX) writing, and UX design
- Be an advocate for content best practices throughout the organization and educate stakeholders.
- Work with leadership to improve accuracy and usability of content throughout the organization.
- Provide project coordination of internal and external marketing and communications activities including timelines, task prioritization, project/organizational objectives, effective meeting management, and keeping stake holders engaged/informed of progress.
- Project could include newsletters; multi-media development; print material development; online development; online content management; events and conferences
- Participate in projects and project teams as assigned to provide customer-centered strategic communications counsel and direction as new initiatives are planned and implemented
- Develop and maintain effective vendor relationships, including providing clear expectations to ensure efficient use of resources and successful project outcomes.
Branding and Marketing
- Assist with defining organizational brand and promoting understanding and compliance with internal/external stakeholders
- Assist with development and execution of marketing and communications plans in alignment with organizational strategies
- Perform some administrative tasks, including monitoring and coordinating responses for social media and other communications vehicles, applying for copyright, maintaining media distribution lists and shared electronic/paper files, sourcing vendors, and fulfilling electronic and postal mailings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities Information
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Content Development, Website Management, or related
- 5—8 years relevant experience in a non-profit, health care, or agency setting
- Masters Degree in related field
Review a full job description, which includes additional information on core competences, skills and abilities, and physical demands. You can also learn more about ARRT, our culture, and our benefits.