Human Resources GENERALIST
About This Position
We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join us at ARRT. In this role, you’ll help our human resources team support the organization and our most valuable resources—our employees. This fulltime generalist role will be responsible for a range of projects and initiatives, with a primary focus on payroll, retirement plans, and benefits administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll accurately and timely.
- Produce payroll related reports including W2 year end and Total Rewards statements as required.
- Ensure all data is entered correctly and review all time cards for accuracy at the end of a pay period.
- Ensure all proper time card submissions and approvals are obtained.
- Add, change and terminate employee time card records in the time card maintenance file.
Benefit and Retirement Plans Administration
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, retirement and 401(k) plans, PTO, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Process monthly benefit billings.
- Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for employees.
- Partner with 3rd party administrators and direct vendors regarding benefit changes (new hires, changes, terminations).
- Keep internal benefit information accurate at all times.
- Maintain records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as new hires, beneficiary forms, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
HR Generalist Essential Duties
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources to develop and recommend policies and implement approved programs and policies designed to protect company and employee interests in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Identify and comply with legal requirements and government reporting regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business, or equivalent
- Five years Human Resources related experience
- Three-five years benefit and 401(k) plan administration experience
- Payroll experience
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification
Full Job Description
View full job description.
Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Recognizes that ARRT serves various types of customers and that their expectations may not align with those of the organization. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner, within parameters set by the organization. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can unnecessarily affect the customer adversely. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services.
Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point. Is receptive to feedback.
Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions
and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
Is keenly aware of the time frame in which tasks or projects need to be done. Accepts and mirrors the level of urgency conveyed by manager or customer being served. Puts first priority on the needs of the organization or the needs of its customers.
Skills and Abilities
Adaptable to changing needs of the position, department or organization.
Attention to Detail
Thorough in accomplishing a task focusing on all the areas involved, no matter how large or small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Utilizes Microsoft Office, and related software applications at an intermediate level.
Ethics and Confidentiality
Extremely high level of ethics and confidentiality.
Professional communication skills; both oral and written
Employment and Discrimination Laws
Is familiar with employment and discrimination laws. Stays current with changing laws.
Close Visual Acuity
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists promotes high standards of patient care by recognizing qualified individuals in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
ARRT will be the premier organization for credentialing healthcare technology professionals in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
ARRT is a principled and mission-driven organization that values and demonstrates quality, integrity, objectivity, and evidence-based decision making.
We offer a great work/life balance with a Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm schedule, as well as a top-notch benefit package. Our office is conveniently located in Mendota Heights. No travel required.
Job title: Human Resources Generalist
Job Code / ID: HR-G
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Human Resources